Thursday, March 12, 2009

Iditarod in the 21st Century

The Iditarod is well under way and we are having a blast with it as we watch our mushers and cheer for them and pray for them. Dee Dee Jonrowe and Jessie Royer are our favorites and we rejoice with each checkpoint they come to.
I had to pay for the subscription to the Iditarod Insider, but it is so worth it. We get to see new videos each day (usually there is at least one video of our chosen mushers). The video also gives us a chance to see the Alaskan wilderness. It is so vast and when the camera is zoomed in on a musher then pans out to a mountain range, I think it gives us a good feeling for how big it all is.

My girls each made a poster for their musher - totally unprompted. I noticed last night that dd11 had checkpoints written on her poster. When I asked her about it, she told me that she writes the checkpoints as Jessie Royer comes to each one.

This is Dee Dee Jonrowe with her team.

These pictures are from Sunday during the restart. It seemed like we waited for hours to get a glimpse of our mushers as they headed out on their journey.





No comments: