A is for Autumn Tea
One of my goals this year was to have one tea each season. This was our autumn tea. During our week of preparation for the tea, the kids made the centerpieces using real pumpkins and silk flowers. They also hand-sewed a hot pad to be placed on the table under hot pots, made a banner that said "Autumn Joy" out of paper and ribbon, and they learned to embroider by tracing the outline of a leaf onto a piece of muslin and backstitching their way around it. The autumn-themed week culminated with the tea.
My resources for this week:
Seasonal Delights Magazine Autumn 2007
Hearts and Trees Fall Kit 2008
Here are the rules… be sure to post them when you join!
1. Post a photo for each letter of the alphabet of anything that starts with that letter.
2. Write a few short explanatory, quirky, or witty sentences about each photo you post.
3. Only post one photo at a time (the meme can take as long as you want - a month, three months, whatever… you aren’t being graded). You can link them later in a blog post so they are listed in order if you are the list-making type.
4. If you want to join the meme, sign the Mr. Linky and use the “A B See Photo-Meme” graphic in your sidebar. Link your graphic to this post and announce that you will be joining us.
5. When you post a photo, come by and add it to the weekly A B See linky that we’ll be posting on Foto Fridays for those who have some alphabetical photo to share. You can sign it each week as many times as you have posted photos - one time for each photo linked post. Make sure you link back to the HSBA on your posts, too - so others can come and join the linky.