Chocolate Class #1
1. How many words can you make from the letters in the word "chocolate"?
2. History - The Story of Chocolate; DK Readers; pages 10-15; Read about the Mayans, Aztecs and the Olmecs. Have children narrate/discuss this history.
3. Geography - On a map of Central America, color code the areas where the Mayans, Aztecs and Olmecs inhabited.
4. Math / Science - Barge Building - Make a barge out of aluminum foil to hold the most M & M's without sinking in water. (Chocolate Thematic Unit; Teacher Created Materials; page 44)
5. Art - Collage; Make a collage using pictures found in magazines of chocolate and things with chocolate in them.